Monday, January 19, 2009

DAY ONE: NO TECHNOLOGY

Saturday was the first day of my self-imposed withdrawal from high technology. It sucked. I didn't have my nice alarm clock/Ipod docking station, so I accidentally slept until 12:30 and so missed the bank and the post office. Thus, no money. Thus, I had to cook for myself and there was not much in the kitchen. Managed to throw together a decent seafood bisque, though, using some frozen shrimp, scallops, and calimari. Also, because the P.O. was closed by the time I made it out of the house, I never mailed in the final revisions to the publisher on my graphic novel, Serial Psycho. I actually had to pay the neighbor kid, a 14 year-old hacker named Esteban, $10 just to type this in to my Blogger account! The little bastard tried to bump the price up to $15 - but he backed off once I threatened to tell his mother about the MySpace page where he goes by the name of Super Pimp, Stevie Rios. 

And if all that wasn't bad enough, work turned out to be a fucking nightmare without my Palm Pilot. I missed two meetings and had to feign an abscessed tooth so I didn't look totally incompetent (better to look unhealthy than stupid). I really want to make it through the week without needing the interwebs, but it's getting tough. About all I can do is watch t.v. (hardly technology, right?), smoke cigars, and eat. Come to think of it, maybe this won't be so bad. Will have to treat myself to a box of something really special though. Maybe some Hemmingways. And some good brandy. Maybe some steaks. Alright - got to go shopping. 

Later! 

No comments: